Journey Towards Forgiveness with Fathers and Families
Exploration of concrete steps that aim to support the process of forgiving fathers, mothers or anyone that has harmed you. Useful therapeutic techniques are discussed in hopes that participants gain an understanding of what it means to forgive and how forgiveness can be useful in engaging parents.
- Learn the various way forgiveness is defined and applied
- Learn how to identify a father’s forgiveness strategy
- Apply these techniques during role play, small group activities and discussion.
- Learn how to partner with fathers in understanding their strategy.
Motivational Interviewing (MI) and relationship building is a wonderful and results proven approach to working with fathers. This energetic and informative training offers a thorough exploration of the principles and skills of MI, fatherhood engagement and focuses on the Stages of Change model. Using small group activities, personal experiences, and role play participants will:
- Learn the principles and techniques of Motivational Interviewing
- Learn how to create environments that support change in behaviors when working with fathers.
- Learn Stages of Changes Apply these techniques when working with fathers.
Pre-Father Care is filled with must have advice and insight for men who are on the verge of becoming a father/or thinking about having children. Pre-Father Care’s brings forth a new roadmap for men to reference during the transition into fatherhood. This engaging and interactive workshop will offer a thorough exploration of the various phases that are involved during a man’s transition into fatherhood.
- Learn phases that are involved.
- Learn how to engage a father at each phase.
- Practice these techniques during role play and small groups.
- Learn how to create a therapeutic environment for fathers at each phase of their transition during sessions.
Engaging Fathers with Trauma and Addictions
Participants will learn techniques that focuses on the intersection of trauma and addictions. This workshop will integrate psycho-educational, process and expressive activities to guide participants in assessing the effects of trauma and addiction on body, mind and spirit when working with fathers. Lastly, participants will learn how to assist fathers with developing positive coping strategies and skills.
- Learn how to assess the impact of trauma and addictions when working with fathers.
- Learn how to assist participants with engaging fathers around the development of positive coping strategies and skills.
- Learn how to engage fathers when they are challenging.
- Learn how to withhold judgment and bias to render an effective assessment.
- Apply techniques during role play, small groups, and discussion.
Using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) when Working with Fathers
CBT assumes that beliefs, determine feelings and behavior, and that certain behaviors may result in dysfunctional beliefs. The end result is dysfunctional living. CBT also assumes that during periods of stress, dysfunctional approaches to life erupt. This workshop will focus on the use of CBT techniques when working with fathers.
- Participants will receive guidance with using CBT to engage fathers.
- Participants will understand the basic principles of cognitive behavior therapy.
- Participants will learn how to apply CBT techniques when working with fathers.
- Participants will apply these techniques during small groups, role play, and discussions.
- Participants will learn how to integrate fatherhood with CBT by demonstrating its application during fun and engaging case vignettes.
Individual and Group Facilitation Engagement Strategies when Working with Fathers
Learn techniques to help your participants engage fathers during individual and group sessions. Maximize your efforts to assist fathers with getting the most out of their face to face time with you, whether in individual or group settings. By the end of this energetic team building training participants will understand:
- How to make your time with fathers more effective and engaging
- Strategies that will engage fathers in active participation in a productive and structured way.
- The role of a group facilitator
- How to intervene during sessions when they become challenging.
- How to develop an agenda structure that engages fathers.